Anyone know what this part is called??

On a '98 dark blue Audi Quattro it's the black rubber strip that runs along each side, about 3/4 down. Mine is not painted, it's just black rubber. The damn thing is coming off of it's mounting (partially due to my kicking it).

I can't find a parts place that carries it, so I'm thinking I'll need to glue it back on, or something. Any ideas there would help too.

Thanks,

Dan

Reply to
dpcrow2

This is the lower door molding, and it is a known failure part on this car. The factory ones had metal tracks which rust out, and the replacements, which you can get from the dealer for about $40 each, are made with plastic tracks, which should hold up better over time. I've already replaced all four of mine, and gluing it is not going to help you. It's an unrepairable part, sad to say. There are lots of used parts dealers around; try

which I've hadgood results with, or just go to the dealer and get it over with.

Reply to
KLS

I fixed mine about 6 months ago with a product called"Automotive contact cement and sealant" Made by Amazing Goop. clean the rubber with alcohal ,spirits put the goop on the rubber and the door. Put a piece of wood over the rubber and clamp on with a c clamp. Let car sit over night and its fixed. About $5.00 for the tube

Reply to
ramjet44