audi 100 5 cil

Hello,
my audi does not start. after starting the engine runs only for a second.The pump is running and we have fuel , onder pressure', till the dividerunit ? no fuel out of the pipes on top to the injectors. even
after changing the complete injector devider unit ? including the two electrical units. please help.
What year? Turbo? Auto / Manual?
It could be many things. The face that it runs a for second and then dies indicates that the cold start injector is operating but the other injectors aren't.
I have seen a number of threads like this on AudiWorld for the Type 44 series 90-91 100s. Searching their hestory should yeild a lot of reading.
TonyJ former: four T44s (I5s) '84 - '91 Current: 98.5 A4 1.8TQM
Henk wrote:

My S6 did this. Turned out to be the MAF! Check it out.
Tony 96 S6

The pump may be running, but it might not give enough pressure. I had the same thing on my Audi 100 recently. The fuelpump was running, but the pressure was very low - only 1,5 bars or something around that figure. The pressure should be around 4 bars.
Pressure test the fuelpump before the filter in the engine compartment, or preferrable at the tank.
You can also try to remove it from the tank an clean it in a bucket of suitable solvent. I used tap water. :-) Just drop it into the bucket and apply power from the battery. It should spin up and a nice fountain of water should form. Mine only gave a half metre (~2 feet) column of water and delivered a nice chunk of black goo into the bucket.
I dried the pump with brake cleaner afterwards and reinstalled. The car would then run, but the noise from the pump sounded like a nest of hornets in the tank. So I replaced the pumpt. No problems since.
Good luck.
--
snipped-for-privacy@dod.no