audi 100 5 cil

Hello,

my audi does not start. after starting the engine runs only for a second.The pump is running and we have fuel , onder pressure', till the dividerunit ? no fuel out of the pipes on top to the injectors. even after changing the complete injector devider unit ? including the two electrical units. please help.

Reply to
Henk

What year? Turbo? Auto / Manual?

It could be many things. The face that it runs a for second and then dies indicates that the cold start injector is operating but the other injectors aren't.

I have seen a number of threads like this on AudiWorld for the Type 44 series

90-91 100s. Searching their hestory should yeild a lot of reading.

T> Hello,

Reply to
Tony

My S6 did this. Turned out to be the MAF! Check it out.

Tony

96 S6
Reply to
Tony Curran

The pump may be running, but it might not give enough pressure. I had the same thing on my Audi 100 recently. The fuelpump was running, but the pressure was very low - only 1,5 bars or something around that figure. The pressure should be around 4 bars.

Pressure test the fuelpump before the filter in the engine compartment, or preferrable at the tank.

You can also try to remove it from the tank an clean it in a bucket of suitable solvent. I used tap water. :-) Just drop it into the bucket and apply power from the battery. It should spin up and a nice fountain of water should form. Mine only gave a half metre (~2 feet) column of water and delivered a nice chunk of black goo into the bucket.

I dried the pump with brake cleaner afterwards and reinstalled. The car would then run, but the noise from the pump sounded like a nest of hornets in the tank. So I replaced the pumpt. No problems since.

Good luck.

Reply to
BBO