Audi 100 Headlight advice

I have been considering replacing my stock US headlights with these ( search for item # IV1108 ).

They are only $149 a pair, but I know I need a proper Euro wiring harness, and maybe other parts as well.

Has any one done this before with these inexpensive lights, and what was your experience? Is the vendor reliable? Are the lights the proper fit, etc.?

Thanks for any advice!

Reply to
Stephen Clark

Stephen, I bought the clear corner marker lights from them - Depo brand (made in Taiwan) but they snapped right on to the eurolight housing - they were quick to ship. I don't know about the lights they sell - I have a bunch of those non-turbo eurolights in my garage with Hella and Bosch markings - got them from the local wrecker's for $35 (Canadian) a side. The clear corners can be adapted to be both parking light and turn signal - just get the dual filament bulb socket and wiring pigtail from a Mercedes at the wrecking yard. With the turn signals moving in with the parking lights, I can install some additional driving lights in the bumper. My plan with my '87 5ktq is to use the non-turbo eurolights with clear corners and put the hood from a V8 on with the integrated grille - Paul Fernandes (Custom Auto Craft) has done something similar. As far as the wiring harness is concerned, you can get a Heavy Duty one premade from

or make one yourself, apparently, it's not that hard (from what I'm told by Frank de Kat, who did his urQ: a day's work at the most, a bunch of crimp connectors and heat shrink, heavy gauge/multi strand wire, a ratcheting crimper, a wiring diagram, relays/sockets, some beer.....I dunno how the last one figures into the mix, since I don't drink, but apparently it's a good attractant for other Audi folks to help you out). If you want to see a well thought out harness fabrication, see Huw Powell's at:
also has some links to help you out (like
Steve Sears

1987 Audi 5kTQ - "soon" to be a faux-V8 1980 Audi 5k 1962 and '64 Auto Union DKW Junior deLuxes (SPAM Blocker NOTE: Remove SHOES to reply)

"Stephen Clark" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com...

Reply to
Steve Sears