Audi 100 S shuts down mysteriously on highway

Hello all, I was cruising at 70mph, when my tach (rpm) started to oscillate with a clicking sound, and the engine shut down (rpm went to zero and I lost power steering). all warning lights came on. I pulled over the
emergency lane, and came to a complete stop. The clicking sound still persisted until I turned the ignition off. I restarted the car immediately, and it started without any problem. After 20 miles or so, it happend again.
I took it to a shop, and they pulled the codes, and there were a bunch of them.
00545 - Engine transmission electrical connection open/short circuit to ground - intermittent
00518 - throttle position sensor G69 short circuit to ground - intermittent
00638 - Engine/transmission electrical connection 2 open/short circuit to ground - intermittent
00532 - Supply voltage (B+) too low - Permanent
They cleared the fault codes, and I set on a 1500 mile long drive. The first 800 miles were perfect, and the car died mysteriously again (with the same symptoms as above). After a couple of seconds, i restarted the car without any problems. This seems to happen only when I exceed 60mph. The car died again a couple of times in the next 700 miles when I seemed to go over 60mph. At the end of my trip, I had the mechanic pull codes, and there were no codes !!! They were not able to replicate the problem as well :(
Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks.
audi100S wrote:

the T44 series (with the I5) had problems with electrical connections for the ECU in the drivers side kick panel when sun roof drains didn't work properly and allowed rain water to get to that component.
The Auto trans is electronically controlled and the wiring sounds like it needs work.
Take it to an independent Audi mechanic who is recommended by the locals
this is a 1994 audi 100 S