Audi 1991 Quattro 20V Losing power

Hi All I have a 1991 Quattro 20V and while accelerating I find it loses power at about 4000 rpm and struggles to get to 5000 then kicks in again and its OK.

The fuel pump seems to be ok, no excessive noise

Any ideas !!

Reply to
Butty

Did you service the engine? New filters (air, fuel, oil), oil, ign parts? Possibly weak ign. coil. Any cracked or loose intake boots or vacuum leaks? Did you notice any problems with the air filter like excess dirt or oil? Was any work done recently to the car?

dave

Reply to
news.blueyonder.co.uk