Audi 2003 A6 key programming

I have only one usable key, so I bout a blank key with remote fob on ebay and plan to get the metal cut from a locksmith for $60. He says I might need to also have the transponder portion of the key programmed for it to start the car (not the remote portion which opens the doors, I know how to do that). How can I tell if I also need this transponder programmed?

Thanks,

Don

Reply to
Don Gunn

dave AKA vwdoc1

this might work but I can't be sure,

put the key in the ignition and turn it clockwise.

if you hear something mechanical wiiirrrring under the hood and no sirens sounding then I would say it does not need programming.............but don't hold your breath.

Reply to
Yes Baby

ahhh I get it now BEFORE you have the key cut...........silly me.

not sure you can rather a chicken/egg situation.

Reply to
Yes Baby

What he means is your car has an immobilizer. The car will not start after you cut your key. ONLY the dealer can reprogram that key (online) via their central hub. Expect to be charged around an hour for labor.

Reply to
Madesio
*Wrong*, and what a useless series of posts. A newly cut key can be adapted if the PIN is known. That PIN can be acquired through the RB4 encrypted cluster or from the ECM. Either way, the PIN is the same in both of those controllers.

FYI, you don't need to go to the stealership. Data can be read from the

24c08 in the cluster or the 95040 in the ECM.

Read the image!

+-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: AnyC00614.JPG | |Download:
Ecmbuster

AND how is this done? How do you get to the 24c08 in the cluster or the

95040 in the ECM? What tool would one need to do this?

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

With a programmer and de-encryption software.

Reply to
Ecmbuster

whooosh OK thanks for the information.

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

Where can one purchase/find this programmer and de-encryption software?

thanks

vwdoc1

There was a guy that did an amazing job for me. He cut the key and programmed the remote. He does this out of his house. If you give me your number i can pass it on to the guy i dealt with. The only thing is that he is located in Oakville. His prices are way cheaper than any dealership...

Reply to
2003/A4/B6/3.0

A little too far for me, but thanks! ;-) Do you know how he dealt with matching your key to the immobilizer?

Reply to
vwdoc1

Programmers can be purchased anywhere, I use this one. 'MCUmall Electronics Inc. A low cost EPROM EEPROM Atmel PIC I2C SPI programmer online store'

'MCUmall Electronics Inc. A low cost EPROM EEPROM Atmel PIC I2C SPIprogrammer online store'
The software, that's my, design and never for sale.

Reply to
Ecmbuster

thanks for all of your helpful information. :)

Reply to
vwdoc1