Audi 4000 stops - stalls suddenly when moving

I recently decided to get my 1987 Audi 4000s back on the road for my daughter, did breaks exhaust, tune up etc,
I have been taking it out for 5 - mile test dtives when the stalling
problem started. It seems to die after it has been run a bit 2-3 miles. It has died when moving at 50 MPH, it has died whan starting at a stop sign, it has died while running at mid range.
After it stalls, it starts right back up, a couple times it woulf stall again, but after a 4-5 second wait, it stars up and runs fine, possibly for a coupls miles or more
It just sort of putters out like it out of fuel. I just cahnded the clear plastic fuel filter, the other fuel filter I did 10k or less ago.
Any feedback on where to look to solve this?
Somebody mentioned the cold start valve?
what about the fuel pump relay? try that to see if the simple & quick things fix it! Or possibly try a bypass of the relay to test it out.
later, dave (One out of many daves)