audi 5000 hill cimbing problem

Hello, I have audi 5000cs quattro 1987. Car starts and runs fine except for the following:Experienceing stumble or cutting out while climbing hills at high rpm (3~5 thousand rpm). All ignition system checks out, running premium fuel, all vac lines intact. Disconnected control pressure regulator wire conn (on left side middle of engine) and engine runs fine...no stumble. What does this indicate.

Reply to
audifan

I have experienced that symptom on three of the four T44s that I used to own. They were the non-turbo with 5 speed.

The solution in each case was to change the fuel filter. $20 from most any parts store. Be careful when loosening the fitting coming from the tank by holding two open ends on the fitting to avoid twisting the fuel line. That can ruin your whole day.

TonyJ '04 A4 1.8 TQ6M APR stage 1

Reply to
TonyJ