Audi 80 1.9TDI flat spot help required

Hello
Got a problem with a 1.9TDI car. It goes great until the revs get up to about 3000 rpm. Then the power just falls away and the pickup is really flat. This is a pain when towing.
The point at which this happens is a little variable, but 3000 rpm or thereabouts sees the onset of this problem.
Anyone any pointers on what this could be. Its getting worse!.
Cheers... Rob.

Probably the MAF (Mass air flow meter). Expensive to replace but a common problem.
On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 07:34:36 +0200, "Ernest"

Ack.
NACK. I don't think it's _that_ expensive and there's surely almost no labour involved.
Regards
Wolfgang
--
* Audi A6 Avant TDI *
* reply to wolfgang dot pawlinetz at chello dot at *

I had a similar problem with my A-6 4.2. At almost the same rpm and under load it would hesitate (start missing) until I got the rpm's up. It took seven times to the dealership for them to finally identify the mass air flow sensor. It has been replaced and seems much metter.
Regards
Felix