Audi 80 heater blower

Hi there.
My Audi has a problem with the fan for the heater. It only works at step 1 and step 4. I only have the option for a lot of fan or almost none.
Does anyone have a solution?
Thanks in advance.
Peter

Well for any usefull answer you should tell some more details about your car. But anyways, if it is an old car then proberbly the resistor next to the fan is bad, or the switch.
Al

1
Hi Al.
Its a cabrio 2,3 from 1992.
Ive heard about the resistor and i think youre right about that.
Can you tell me where the resistor is located?
Peter

Well I cant tell you exactly where it is located, but maybe you can find it with this picture: http://www.elcats.ru/audivw/vag5.asp?subm=%CF%EE%E8%F1%EA&btsnr 9-20&cid@
Nr 8 is the resistor.
Good luck. Al