Audi 80 problem

Hi,

I own a 10 year old Audi 80 SE. For the last year I have been experiencing a small problem with the car. I drive my car everyday on the motorway doing about 30 miles a day. Occasionally the car will start to judder and lose power, and when this happens I can only get a max speed of about 40-50 mph, no matter how much I press the gas pedal. It will stay for a about two or three minutes and then the power will just snap back suddenly. It has never stalled. No warning lights come on, so I have no idea what could be causing this. I think, but I'm not sure, that the car seems to behave better when the tank is full of petrol rather than half full. This only happens about once a fortnight, and I don't think any one activity makes it happen. Can you please help with some suggestions, thanks.

Cheers

O.

Reply to
Oslo

Fuel filter.

Reply to
Conor

The fuel tank is ventilated via a carbon filter. Have a look there or open the filling cap for a sec after 1/4 tank is used.

Ronald

Reply to
reply

Cheers, where do I find the carbon filter, and why is this not changed as part of the Audi service? O.

Reply to
Oslo

It's not a service part but the tube can be twisted or clogged. It's there because the tank neds an open air outlet for vapors and for air coming in since the level gets lower it will crate a vacuum. It depends on the type and country where it is located.

Ronald

Reply to
reply