Audi 90 airbag light

Stays on and I get fault code 0588 which comes back as the drivers side ignitor. How much to fix this and what would it entail? Thanks

Is it a sporadic fault?
no it stays on all the time now. I called the dealer and they said I need to replace the entire steering wheel which costs about $750 alone plus labor