Audi A 1.6sport

Thinking about buying an 97/R A3 1.6 sport as a in town run about, it has a full audi service history..Any opinions?

I have a 2000 A3 1.6 Sport - great car, reliable, very comfortable (sports seats excellent for long trips), smooth and quiet engine. But I might concur that it has not much grunt in low gears. As a runabout you would struggle to do better. Mine has climate control but I think the genuine spec has a sunroof instead. The sports extras IIRC are allow wheels, leather sterring wheel. Presumably you know what the guide price should be. I would recommend it.