Audi A3 1.6FSI or 2.0FSI??

Hi

I'm thinking about buying a new A3 and wondered if any of you have any good or bad experiences with either the 1.6 or 2.0 FSI engines. I'm more likely to go for the 1.6 FSI to keep the cost below £19k but am open to hear your suggestions and if the £1.5k increase for the 2 litre is worth it.

Cheers.........

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Stott

It's worth it ;). Well, it gives the car more nature, since it's looking so sporty, why couldn't it be sporty also. Also, the 1.6 FSI lacks somewhat power, because of the FSI's nature to change mode during the drive (depending on acceleration, revs etc) and it can be a bit unresponsive at times. There's no such problem with 2,0 FSI and also the

6th gear is too heavy for 1,6 FSI.

Take them both for a test drive and you'll end up to 2,0 FSI ;) (and, there's double exhaust pipes with 2,0 ;))

- Yak

Reply to
Michael Burman

I'd totally agree with Michael here. I've had a 1.6 FSI for a couple of months, and acceleration is a little unresponsive just as he suggests. Where I am, the price difference is about 2500 Euro between the two, so that's why I went with the 1.6.. I should have checked out the 2.0 FSI instead in hindsight as it would have been worth it.

However.. we're expecting our first child in a few months, so might look at the A3 Avant (5 door) that seems to be arriving sometime in the near future, for convenience (baby seat etc). Will have a chance to jump to 2.0 FSI then. Certainly won't be quite as sporty looking as the 3 door A3, but that's a discussion for another post. ;)

..Ray

Reply to
eko