Audi A3 1.8 TS (2000/X) - split rear seats jammed

Hi,
my rear seats refuse to fold down, when I try to operate the lever to release the seats I just get resistance and they wont unlock.
Is there a simple fix - or should I just take a big hammer to them?
cheers
Darren
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

No takers for this one? - I am wondering if the seats are not supposed to be folded down despite the fact that they have release handles - could it be a trim level thing?
Darren
On 18 Sep 2006 02:00:24 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Do the seat backs have integrated locks by any chance?
Hi,
Im not sure what you mean about 'integrated' locks - there is a plastic handle on the top of both seats, but they wont budge.
Darren
daytripper wrote:

Not at all familiar with the A3, but I've had cars with "Locking" split rear seats. If that is the case, try the manual, look behind or on top of the the seats for a lock.
Good Luck
Steve E.

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

It should be as simple as pulling the handle on the top of the seat towards you and then pulling the seat towards you. If this is not happening then it sounds like the bar has jammed. See if you can see anything from the boot as to why it has jammed.
Do you place heavy objects at/near it?