audi a3 problem

can anyone tell me why my '96 audi a3 revs keep dropping it usually happens when i pull up to a junction and the revs drop dramitically sometimes causing it to stall but if it dosent stall the revs will flutter up and down any ideas would be gratefully recieved

Reply to
greg2605

adding to this post the car also judders when accelerating at higher speeds

Reply to
greg2605

My old A4 2.6 behaved like this when an injector failed.

Reply to
Peter Bell

My 99 A3T was doing the exactly same thing after being stood for a while and the batt went flat. Its now fixed and runs smoothly again :)

Two possible solutions are: - If you had a flat batt or had to disconnect the battery, you need to do the "throttle body adaptation" i cant remembre the procedure exactly, it tells u in yur manual but its something like just after reconnecting the battery: switch your ignition on (DON'T start it yet) leave for ten sec and then start and it should sort it.

- The throtte body needs opening up and cleaning. My local independant Audi dealer in leeds did an excellent job of diagnosing it and putting it right and now runs sweet as a nut once more.

Hope this info helps!

(If you're around Leeds, it's IVC audi - highly recommended)

Reply to
dan_xtc