AUDI A4 (1996) FLASHING TEMPERATURE LIGHT

The red temperature dashboard warning light on my Audi A4 1.9 TDI has started to come on intermittantly. When it comes on it flashes & gives off an audible alarm. It can come on when I start the car from cold or when I have been driving for a short while. The coolant level is OK and the temperature gauage shows a normal temperature. Any ideas what the problem is? Thanks Sam

Reply to
samcheshire

I had same problem, faulty (sticking) low level warning float switch in the plastic header tank.

Replaced tank and all OK.

Reply to
Pet Parker