Audi A4 1997

Suddenly, I am having a problem with my A4. I took it to the dealer to have my oil changed. I was told later that I needed a new transmission. After I
drove my car home, I later noticed that my car would not move in reverse. Everything else works fine, but the car will just not move in reverse. I have never had any transmission problems -- what could cause this, do I need to start looking for a new transmission? Help!

no, an attorney..............take them to the courts.
Yes Baby wrote:

That should be your LAST resort, not your first. <sheesh>
Reverse problems could be caused by a failing or failed clutch, but you don't mention whether this is a manual or automatic.
Do you find oil leaks on the ground after the car has sat for a while?
I'd phone the dealer and see what they say.

yes, wait a few more months and then get an attorney involved.
op states it was OK before the oil change or cant you read.
Yes Baby wrote:

Who are you directing that "cant you read" comment at ?

yes, sorry, how would YOU know.
Yes Baby wrote:

I won't, at least until you reveal who your comment was directed at.

What was their rationale for your needing a new transmission? Did you have any issues with it prior to bringing it in for the oil change? Is it an automatic or manual?
Dan D '04 A4 1.8Tq MT-6 Central NJ USA