Audi A4 2.0 SE 2001 - Adjusting UK Headlights for driving on left?

Hi,
As above - I'd got the impression from somewhere that it might be something a flicked switch would perform, but the handbook is very cryptic about the
whole thing. If there is something (without sticking things to the headlight), surely it shouldn't require contacting an Audi dealer (which the handbook seems to suggest)?
Any suggestions (within reason) welcome!
MArk ~~~~
~ MArky MArk ~ wrote:

Hi, don't really understand what your question is (adjusting UK headlights to drive in UK??) but I'll assume you have a LHD (N. American or continental Europe) car you want to use in the UK and want the beam pattern to not blind oncoming traffic.
If your 2001 model is the Avant, then it's the older chassis, in which case you'll find a lever inside of each headlamp assembly, once the back cover is removed. It is made of wire and can be reached either by sticking in extremely long thin fingers, or by fashioning a length of stout coat hanger wire to push it either up or down. A definite click is felt at each end of the lever's travel. Afterwards, you'll find that the beam pattern is reversed, i.e. flat to the right, flaring up to the left - suitable for driving on the "wrong" side of the street ;-)
If your 2001 is the sedan, then it's the "new" chassis so I'm unsure if the above description applies.
/Robert
Whoops - I meant the above.... thanks anyway. I'll be taking my car over to France on holiday shortly.
So, anyone any thoughts on how I'd adjust the headlights on a UK RHD 2001 A4 saloon? Is there a nice switch I can flick, or is taping bits over the lights the best way?
MArk ~~~~

something
the
the
want
case
is
extremely
push
flat to

side of

the

A4
Just called an Audi dealer to find out once and for all. Seems there is something they can switch over, but it's inside the unit so they would need to remove the headlights to do it. They charge an hour's labour to do the work, and switch them back for free when you bring it back to the UK. As I'm only going over to the continent for a week or so I think I'll make do with those stick-on lens adapters!
MArk ~~~~

There is a mechanical lever in the headlamp unit - it shouldn't require removal of the complete assembly to make the adjustment (at least it didn't on my old A6). You may be able to release the clip-on cover at the back of the unit and feel around for the lever - however, if your car is equiped with HID (Xenon) lights, be aware that there are high voltages in there.
--
Peter Bell - snipped-for-privacy@bellfamily.org.uk