Audi A4 2.8 V6 Idle

I have a 2000 Audi A4 2.8 V6 Quattro (UK) and when it is idling it is very smooth apart from an occasional slight jolt/vibration every few seconds. It seems to happen regardless of using electrical equipment (Air con etc). I took it to the dealers and they said it was normal and others do it.

Have any of you with V6 Quattros experienced this or is it just my car.

Thanks in advance.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Goulding
1999.5 A4 QMS 2.8 V6 USA

I experience the same thing; thought it was perhaps a spark plug wire loose.

I have heard no satisfactory explanation for the phenomenon.

Reply to
silver30v