Audi A4 '96 V6 Engine - Resistor Mod

Hi ppl...
I vaguely recall someone talking about this "Resistor Chip Mod" whereby one adds some sort of resistor to the intake air system fooling the CPU into
thinking that cooler air is going in or something to that effect...
I was wondering if someone can shed some more light on this for me - i.e. how much does it cost, what size resistor to use, where to put it? Is it worth doing it?
Thanks! Ash :)