Audi A4 Alarm System

The alarm system on my Audi A4 2.4 functions correctly except there is no audible sound when the alarm is activated (by triggering the ultrasonic sensor). The turn indicator lights flash showing
the alarm system has been triggered, but there is no audible sound. The vehicle horn works as normal.
Does anybody have information or suggestions get the audible part of the alarm working.
Henri
Henri Winterman schrieb:

It might be possible for your dealer to switch the audible confirmation on using the VAG tool. However, I'd recommend not doing it. I'd be annoyed if any time my neighbor comes home a horn beeps shortly. Especially when I'm asleep.
Why is the visual confirmation not enough for you?

Regards
Wolfgang
--
* Audi A6 Avant TDI *
* reply to wolfgang dot pawlinetz at chello dot at *

I don't think Henri is talking about the 'confirmation bleep' on setting the alarm - I think he's concerned that the alarm doesn't make a noise when it is set of (by someone breaking into his car).
The alarm sounder is separate from the horn and is normally located somewhere in the rear of the car (left hand side luggage compartment locker?). I guess that it's possible that the sounder, or the connection to it, is damaged. One way to check would be to enable the 'confirmation bleep', which can be done using the VAG-COM computer software/cable. If the bleep (very discrete - I have it set on both my RS6 and my wife's A2) is heard on locking the car, then the sounder and its connections are okay.

Peter Bell schrieb:

Ah, sorry, my mistake.

IMO it can't be discrete enough to not be a pain when one lives in the city. I still can't grasp the usefulness.
Regards
Wolfgang
--
* Audi A6 Avant TDI *
* reply to wolfgang dot pawlinetz at chello dot at *

Then you have a comprehension deficit. Sorry.
Knowing that the sounder ACTUALLY WORKS when you lock the vehicle - might that give you the clue you need?
/daytripper '00 s4 6spd, with a sounder that I know works ;-)
daytripper schrieb:

Not that I know of.

Yep, it does. I still hate being awakened by people locking their car when they get home at 1 in the morning. :-)

btw. I checked. I haven't found a dedicated sonder for my factory installed car alarm. It uses the car horn as far as I can see it.
Regards
Wolfgang
--
* Audi A6 Avant TDI *
* reply to wolfgang dot pawlinetz at chello dot at *

That might be true on your 1999 A6. My 1996 A4 was the same. My 2000 A6, my 2003 RS6 and my wife's 2003 A2 all use a separate sounder.

Peter Bell schrieb:

Ah, one learns something new every day.
Thanks :-)
Regards
Wolfgang
--
* Audi A6 Avant TDI *
* reply to wolfgang dot pawlinetz at chello dot at *
It means one of your doors or trunk is not closed fully.
The alarm system on my Audi A4 2.4 functions correctly except there is no audible sound when the alarm is activated (by triggering the ultrasonic sensor). The turn indicator lights flash showing the alarm system has been triggered, but there is no audible sound. The vehicle horn works as normal.
Does anybody have information or suggestions get the audible part of the alarm working.
Henri

VAG-COM should do the trick. Go to: http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/cars/audiB5.html
And check the chapter: 35-Central Locks: -- KWP-1281
And your car was B5 right?
--
Petri Rehtonen