AUDI A4 AUTOMATIC GEARBOX TROUBLE !!

hi..i have an audi a4 2.4 sport (auto)..it is a 03 reg with 52k on the clock..the other day i reversed the car out of a parking bay, stopped, put it in drive and the car would not go forward..it just rev'ed, but
went nowhere..i put it back into reverse and waited a while, then turned off the ignition and started again..this time all was ok..why did this happen and should i get it checked out asap..

r u sure you had it fully in drive and not between drive and neutral...........I have done this before.
dj A4 2.4 Auto.
snipped-for-privacy@dearan.wanadoo.co.uk wrote:

Many electronic transmissions have a mechanical cable between the shift lever and a hydraulic controller. If you have a cable, check that it's aligned.
On 25 Oct 2006 09:43:33 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@dearan.wanadoo.co.uk wrote:

It it a Multitronic?
I have 03 reg 2.4 SE Multitronic and at around 30k miles something similar happened to mine a couple of times but it has not done it for about a year now. I reversed then when putting it back into 'D' there was no drive at all. Putting it back into 'N' a couple of times or back to 'P' then turning off ignition then back on again seemed to cure it.
My car did this about 5 times in say a month and I was going to take it in to the dealer but as I said, the problem has now mysteriously disappeared on it's own.
Sorry this probably doesn't help much - i'd say if it keeps doing it then yes take it in in a couple of weeks.