Audi A4 compressor clutch reshimming.

Hi All, I have a 1998 Audi A4. My AC is not working and this is an issue with the temperatures reaching 90 F. I have read several forums that lead me to believe that I can replace / reshim just the clutch. Does someone have some pictures of where the compressor is in the Audi A4 1998? Is it possible to work on the AC clutch without removing the bumper? If someone has a complete document hopefully with pictures of how this can be done, I would really appreciate an email.

Someone please help!!!!. Thanks,

Reply to
vmaheshr

Are you sure the clutch is faulty? If the system is low on pressure, then the clutch will not engage, as the control unit won't trigger it.

Reply to
Chris Bartram

Reply to
vmaheshr

Aaah. You might want to check the trigger voltage is present, just to confirm what they say.

Reply to
Chris Bartram

Reply to
vmaheshr