Audi A4 TDi, 1996

I have an Audi A4 TDi, 1996 reg, that has a push button remote unlocking key. The battery had gone flat, which I have now replaced.
The miniture illumination light on the key works but not the unlocking. Can
anyone help with how to re program the key??
Regards
Derek

wrote in message news:...

Hi!
Ther is only two different keys for the A4. One with mini light inside, and another one with remote central locking system. so you wont be able to open your car by pressing the mini light button... you should have wondered why there is a so small amount of electronic inside.
regards from austria
Programming is very easy. I had the same problem after replacing the battery of the key and i didn't know how to program it... So I had to open the door manually... and abraca dabra, somehow I pressed the "open" button in the key when it was in the lock (or I was turning the key in the lock in the same time), I saw the flashing lights and after that the remote unlocking worked again.
-Juho