Audi A4 timing belt

Discussing linguistic nuances of the English language here on alt.autos.audi with car mechanics and their nephew's roommates would certainly be the most ridiculous thing to do, let me just point out, that your definition is that of a criminal act like theft or fraud, it sure isn't definition of ripoff.

If you pay $100 for an item and find out you could have gotten it for $90, you are right it is not a ripoff. But if you paid $170 and then find out that it could be had for $70 - it would be very common for everybody and his roommate's uncle to say "you got ripped off, buddy".

Other then that, I really do not care. If you and your roommate's uncle believe only idiots buy on the internet, that's fine with me. Don't. When your 2000 S4 is due for WP/TB - go to your dealer, pay $600 for parts and $800 for labor and make your dealer laugh all the way to the bank. He sure will not call you a cheapskate, cause you are not. He has a more appropriate name of sucker for you, you know.. the one who's born every minute.

And do not forget to get a good laugh yourself with your roommate and his uncle at the idiots who buy parts on the internet and got the same exact parts and same exact service for half the price. They've got to be real morons, those internet buyers...

Reply to
D O G

No, because they are not. The phrase "rip-off" implies fraud. Now, I understand that English is not your first language, so I can see how you might be confused as to the slang term and it's implications.

No, nobody gets ripped off. Everything is right up front - nothing is hidden. Do try and learn how to use the language before you berate others for their reading comprehension, OK?

Hey, genius - did you not realize that this is PUBLIC forum, and that your writings are read by several people other than yourself? If you don't want others to comment, then don't use USENET to send personal messages, OK?

I don't play Net Cop, but thanks for asking.

Where did I claim to speak for JPF? Just another wild fantasy on your part?

Then it might be wise to think before you press the "send" button. Just a helpful suggestion.

Why? If the price is clearly marked, where is the dishonesty? Hey, dimwit - price markup is the way capitalism works. Don't like it? Move to a communist country. Like China. Ooops, bad example. Vietnam? Dang, missed again.

Except that there's nothing dishonest about it. That's the price - pay it or don't.

Your point of view is stupid and wrong. JPF might be restrictive in his business practices, but that doesn't make your view of what is and is not a "rip-off" meaningful.

Which means exactly what? That's right, nothing.

Does it? If the guy gets the job done right the first time, and can get you in the shop at a reasonable time, and can explain things to your wife such that *she* understands what is done, what's the price of that? You're one of those fools who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Only if you have a misconception about what the word "honest" means.

WHAT hidden profit? The price for the whole damn deal is right out in front of you. In the U.S., most states require an estimate be accurate within a certain percent, and then if the cost of the job is over that, they have to get your permission to proceed! Where is anything "hidden?"

Signifying?

What if they are idiots? If the customer comes back, then what the f*ck do you care?

It doesn't take half a brain to find cheap Audi parts on the 'net. Any hillbilly and his wife (sister) could do it. Why do you think it takes anything more than a computer and an ability to type?

Because morons like you think you know every damn thing, when the reality is that you don't.

Prove it.

And then prove that a public poll signifies anything other than proving the point that "people are stupid".

Not because of part prices. Want to know what the deal is there? I tell you, but I'll type really slow, so you can follow along:

Most dishonest shops do work that isn't needed. By mistake or on purpose, THAT is the reason complaints are made. I'll bet you have a fit trying to figure out how the wrong work gets done by mistake. Take your time to figure it out.

Spider

Reply to
Spider

I just got off the phone with the dealer, and this is apparently a coincidence. On the 1.8T, the water pump isn't driven by the timing belt, so changing the belt and tensioner isn't going to have any effect on the pump.

So, now I get to crawl around and find out where the coolant is actually leaking from. Joy.

Reply to
Pronto Breakneck

To: "D O G" Re: Re: Audi A4 timing belt By: "D O G" to alt.autos.audi on Fri Aug 22 2003 03:14 am

The hourly labor set by a shop is figured on a percentage of income brought in by the profit of parts! It always has been that way! If you bring your parts to me I will charge you extra! Simple math! 23 year Audi Tech

Have a Grateful Day(unless you've made other plans)!

Kcvwdoc

--- Synchronet 3.10L-Win32 NewsLink 1.43 * Friends of Bill W - Raytown,MO - telnet://friendsofbillw.dyndns.org

Reply to
Kcvwdoc

To: Wolfgang Pawlinetz Re: Re: Audi A4 timing belt By: Wolfgang Pawlinetz to alt.autos.audi on Fri Aug 22 2003 04:48 pm

Thank you! Well said!