Audi A4 wheel bolt torque

I got a flat tire repaired yesterday and when the repair shop guy remounted it, I asked if the torque was 90 ft-lb. He said they did only 80 and 100, 80 for cars and 100 for
trucks. Is 80 ft-lb okay? Thanks.
-SJS
80 is fine but 90 is better.

You should torque to 90ft-lbs, or 120Nm, just like the manual says. Use a star pattern for best results.
If you don't have a torque wrench of your own, you should get one. They are not expensive and they can save you a lot of hassle. You should be able to get a clicking type for about $20 at Sears. Be sure to get a 17mm socket.
--Cesar
On 20 Aug 2004 08:16:40 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (sjsturner) wrote:

= Cesar Borgia