audi a4 whooshing noise

can someone please help, my car has been looked at a few times, when i accelerate there is a whoosing noise coming from the front of the car, it went to get fixed they said the turbo hose had burst then they said they
couldnt find anything wrong with the hoses, it has just had a new air mass meter fitted because it was losing power, it has got some power back but feels like there should be more, dont know where this air is escaping from, it sounds like you have the windows down when accelerating, but it is definatley coming from under the bonnet.
wangela13 wrote:

There are a number of hoses that the dealer can not see from a casual inspection. They need to pressure test the system to find a leak.
You should also suspect a broken waste gate actuator. They can be replaced but need to pull the turbo.
Also might have a bad 710N valve.
Check your blow-off valve. I had that problem on another turbo car. Probably just an air hose to the bov is loose, or it's time for a new bov :-)

1.8Ts do not have a BOV. Instead they have a 710x recirculator valve that does not vent to the atmosphere.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Check around the drivers seat. Right side, or left side, I forget. It is used to pull cash out of your pocket. Keeps you broke. Sorry, could not pass it up.
--
please reply to bargerw NO @ SPAM bellsouth.net and remove the NOSPAM

"wangela13" < snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
Well, I had a similar experience: hissing/vacuum-like noise, and some loss of power. If you're in the same boat, then if you read out your ECU codes, you will see: 17965 - Charge Pressure Control: Positive Deviation P1557 - 35-00 - - (note, this does not set the CEL)
Cause for me was a split "vacuum" hose (but sometimes vacuum hoses are under pressure in these cars. The leak was near where the vacuum lines T off that feed the N75 boost regulation valve. This causes the boost pressure to spike. Once that happens, the ECU limits max boost to ~4psi to ensure no overboost is generated. That results in the crappy power output.
For my split hose, at idle (when the "vacuum" system really is under vacuum), just look around a bit. My hose was split so badly it had collapsed, and hissing noises were pretty evident.
Good luck, Arthur