Audi A4T garage door opener

I recently bought a 2002 A4T and tried to program the garage door opener. I previously asked the dealer to do so, but was told that my door opener was too old.

In the owners manual I see that some door openers need programed while the car is close to the actual opener. I tried to follow the directions, but when I try I don't even see the little LED blinking.

Is there a secret. Should I take the thing back to the repair shop?

Thanks for any help.

Jim

Reply to
jburkhol

Is your door opener compatible with "HomeLink"?

"Close" merely means "within range". I programmed my S4 to control both our garage door openers and used the third button to control walkway lighting, all while parked about 50 feet from the actual receivers.

fwiw, I needed both the instructions for the opener units and the Audi manual to get this all to work, but work it does, and once programmed correctly it will persist through power blackouts or disconnection of the car battery: once power is restored at both ends the Homelink functions perfectly again.

cheers

/daytripper '00 s4 6spd

Reply to
daytripper

Jim,

How "old" is your garage door opener? Does your transmitter have a name and model number on it?

There are two ways to program the built-in transmitter. One is to push the "learn" or "smart" button momentarily on the opener receiver & then to push the button on the built in transmitter. This would require the vehicle to be close to the opener. The other is to have the built-in transmitter to "learn" the door opener transmitter signal & this can be done anywhere. Most vehicles you push & hold the two outside buttons until the LED flashes, then push the opener transmitter button & the built-in button that you want to use at the same time.

If your original transmitter is to old or non-compatible to "learn" you could install a new compatible receiver from a garage door dealer on your existing opener. They are normally alot more inexpensive than the car dealer receivers.

Doordoc

Doordoc

My garage door opener is the same model Fred Flintstone uses. Following the directions for the homelink transmitter in my 2000 A4, I was absolutely amazed that it worked. Follow the instructions and you might be similarly delighted.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Stoorza