Audi A6 2.4 clutch

Hello:

I own a Audi A6 2.4 with 102.000 km. on it and the clutch is almost gone. Local Audi service is available but absurdly expensive, both parts and labour.

Buying the replacement parts from an Audi dealer and having my mechanic do the job is an option but I'd be happier if I could buy a compatible (obviously less expensive) set of parts elsewhere.

I have heard that many VW sedans share parts with Audi sedans and I was wondering if any of the Audi style VW models share the clutch assembly with the A6.

I'd be very obliged to hear from anyone with information on this subject.

Thanks in advance,

CIV

Reply to
sawbona

CIV, Why not try some online parts sources -

or
or
among some. Or, hey, if you want cheaper than that....have the clutch pulled and then have it rebuilt, and then reinstall (after having the pressure plate flattened and the release bearing replaced). Of course, you'd have an inoperative, half-disassembled car for a while. Cheers! Steve Sears

1987 Audi 5kTQ 1980 Audi 5k 1962 and '64 Auto Union DKW Junior deLuxes (SPAM Blocker NOTE: Remove SHOES to reply)
Reply to
Steve Sears

Hello Steve:

Thanks a lot for the prompt reply. Much appreciated. =)

Unfortunately, I wouldn't be able to get the parts from the purveyors you suggest without having to pay quite a bit on shipping and import taxes. (I'm located in Buenos Aires, Argentina).

having the

Yes ... It's the same idea I came to with my mechanic yesterday evening.

It'll probably have the best cost/benefit relation of all possible solutions and I can manage without the car for a week.

Thanks a lot for your input.

Best regards,

CIV

Reply to
sawbona

CIV, The is a vendor of DKW parts on eBay that's from Argentina

- I haven't been a customer, no idea who he is, etc. - usual disclaimers), he may be able to help you get the parts. I had a co-worker that was from Argentina, his dad was a mechanic and he used to tell me about how rebuilding parts was so common there (instead of buying the assembled part as most do here). He also used to tell me stories about cars there - like the Heinkel Trojan that his teacher used to drive (she wore a skirt....anybody not understanding why a bunch of schoolboys would get amped up by that has got to Google "Heinkel Trojan" to see why) - if you find one going for cheap please let me know....or a DKW Malzoni or Puma.....Cheers from the winter side of the planet,Steve Sears

1987 Audi 5kTQ 1980 Audi 5k 1962 and '64 Auto Union DKW Junior deLuxes (SPAM Blocker NOTE: Remove SHOES to reply)

Reply to
Steve Sears

Haha! At least it's possible to make a slightly dignified entry into a Heinkel. It would have been more interesting to see her getting into a Messerschmitt!

Reply to
Peter Bell