audi a6 2.6 se 1995 heater problems

hi just wondering if anyone can help me out my heater has decided to only blow out luke warm air and was working untill about a week ago. when i first got the car the heater stopped blowing out any warm air so i bled the matrix still nothing a couple of days later it started working only the temperature was very hot on all of the settings apart from low and when the air con is switched on now it has packed in again ....aaaagggh if anyone has any tips please

Reply to
ianmcpoland

It could be a failed (open) thermostat but it seems that inoperative vent flaps are more likely the culprit. Not sure if you can pull codes on yours but you may want to check. Do you hear snapping and clicking from the dash when you change heater settings?

Reply to
TonyJ

hi thanks for replying just found the codes to run diagnostic check and you can hear an occasional snap noise like one of the vents is shutting but i just assumed this was normal just going to out to out to read any fault codes now thanks ian mac

Reply to
ianmcpoland