Audi A6 2.7t tiptronic - radiators troubles

Hi
I own an 1999 A6 2.7t that needs a new radiator - easy you'd think - however the part supplied turns out to be smaller, or actually shorter than the original part and so does not fit properly between the luggs
and the feet. I have so far tried three different radiators from three different sources - none of which fit! The problem seems to be that the radiator needs to be specific to the auto model as it houses a connection to the oil cooler for the auto gearbox. I have even contacted AUDI and the part no that they quoted is the same as the part i have already tried that does not fit i.e. it's too shallow - shorter than the original part. In fact in my search so far I have been supplied with two different parts: one appeared to be for the maunal transmission model as it did not have the oil cooler attachment for the auto gearbox, but was however the right height to fit; the other part did have the right connections for the oil cooler, but was too shallow (too short) and would not fit!! AUDI's computer system does not mention any fitting kit or any amendments to the design of the part so it should be the same dimensions as the original part, but it's not!! I'm at a loss for ideas and can't believe this is possible - also, my car has now been off the road for three weeks! Can anyone out help, or have any of your come across the same problem?
Cheers Rob
snipped-for-privacy@virgin.net wrote:

That is a tough one. If you don't get the naswer here you might try the 2.7 development forum on AudiWorld: http://forums.audiworld.com/27tv6 /
or Motorgeeks: http://www.motorgeek.com /
Rob, what's the engine code, something like AJK ? RGds