Audi A6 2009 Navigation Map Question - General.

On the Audi 2008 or 2009 Audi A6, is there a way to just turn on the Map on navigation system without entering any information such as destination information. I would just like to have my current
position tracked on the local Map area while driving, but am having difficulty getting it to do so. Is there a way to do this or do you always need to have a destination entered for it to work. Thank you very much for your help.