audi a6

hi all, i have an audi a6 2.5 tdi 1999 can anyone tell me what the switch on the inside of the door frame is. its a small square switch with the shape of a
car on it and when pressed a small red light appears. thanxs for any replies stef
Hi, I think it something to do with the internal alarm sensors..you can turn it off via this switch,when for instance you lock a pet in the car,and it doesn't keep setting the alarm off. rgds

It disables the alarm system sensor that detects movement within the vehicle. If it's like the one on my car, it's a non-persistent setting: you have to press the button each time you want to disable the motion sensor, otherwise the sensor is enabled by default...
/daytripper '00 s4 6spd
daytripper wrote:

It is also used to disable the sensors from reacting to air pressure changes caused by wind if you leave your windows partially down when locking the car.