Audi A6 and 90,000 mile maintenance

Hello All,
I've got an Audi A6 Avant Quattro from 1999. I have 108,000 miles on the car and have not had the 90,000 mile maintenance done. The dealer wants
$1,900 for it so it's not a small thing.
I'm curious how crucial people think this 90,000 mile maintenance is?
Also, it seems my CV boots are damaged in the front and need to be replaced at a cost of $900 for the pair. Ouch..

You absolutely need to change the Timing Belt, tensioner and pulley; there is no way around this. If you have a good local Audi shop near you it would probably be more reasonable $$.

.. and the water pump (if its same design as the 1995 model V6)
Rgds Jens
PS: If you're not into spending money on maintenace - DONT DRIVE AN AUDI

Hmmm. I always wonder when I hear that, because I have found my Audi to be very cheap to run.....................
Where are you located? Find a local Audi shop. I had my 90k service done with complete timing belt job and tune up for $700.

I am in Minneapolis, MN. I usually just work with the dealer which is Carousel Audi. Any recommendations for a better Audi place in Minneapolis?
John Clark wrote:

Jamie Thingelstad wrote:

try asking here:
http://www.audiworld.com/forum/midwest.html
(you'll need to register, it's free)
Dave Lugo snipped-for-privacy@etherboy.com LC Unit #260 TINLC
You should check with some of the local people in the MN Audi club:
http://www.mnaudi.com /