Audi A6 and 90,000 mile maintenance

Hello All,

I've got an Audi A6 Avant Quattro from 1999. I have 108,000 miles on the car and have not had the 90,000 mile maintenance done. The dealer wants $1,900 for it so it's not a small thing.

I'm curious how crucial people think this 90,000 mile maintenance is?

Also, it seems my CV boots are damaged in the front and need to be replaced at a cost of $900 for the pair. Ouch..

Reply to
Jamie Thingelstad

You absolutely need to change the Timing Belt, tensioner and pulley; there is no way around this. If you have a good local Audi shop near you it would probably be more reasonable $$.

Reply to
Tony

Where are you located? Find a local Audi shop. I had my 90k service done with complete timing belt job and tune up for $700.

Reply to
John Clark

Reply to
Jamie Thingelstad

try asking here:

(you'll need to register, it's free)

Reply to
Dave Lugo

"Tony" skrev i en meddelelse news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...

.. and the water pump (if its same design as the 1995 model V6)

Rgds Jens

PS: If you're not into spending money on maintenace - DONT DRIVE AN AUDI

Reply to
Jens

Hmmm. I always wonder when I hear that, because I have found my Audi to be very cheap to run.....................

Reply to
Accept2

You should check with some of the local people in the MN Audi club:

Dave Lugo wrote:

Reply to
Tony