Audi A6 Mk1 max tyre size?

Hi, I want to fit 17" wheels to my A6 MK1 the correct tyre size is 225/45/17 will they fit ok under the arches with no scrubbing? TIA. Rog.

Reply to
Balog.

Yup no probs, or you could fit, 225 40 18's :)

Rpn

Reply to
Ron

Thanks for that Ron, the arches are quite roomy but the shocks do travel quite a bit esp if carrying passengers, thought best to check first.

18",...it would take me 1/2 hour to park incase I kerbed them! Cheers Ron, Rog.

Reply to
Balog.

You could even go 235 x 30/35 19 :) might get a hint of rub, but should be ok, look at the J of the wheels you are getting, 7-8j is normally what you would get in 17" - 18", 19" 8j wheels are rare i think, you start getting into the wide wheels at 19"

Ron

Reply to
Ronny