Audi A6 (V6) 1995 Thermostat Replacement.

Hi, How difficult is it to replace a thermostat on a 1995 Audi A6 quatro (V6)?
Thanks, Andre

Very. It's behind the cambelt!
http://www.12v.org/engine/index.php?section=cl&view=tbelt
It's a covers off, alternator/power steering belt off, release the cambelt tensioner cambelt off remove a cover finally replace the thermostat. Factor in for potential water pump & tensioners as well as a new cambelt & alternator belt whilst you've got all this lot off.
Note I've not done one, but mine could do with one but the cambelt & water pump were done 12 months ago, and I'm in no rush to have the cambelt done again...
--
Jon B
Above email address IS valid.