Audi A6 (V6) 1995 Thermostat Replacement.

Hi, How difficult is it to replace a thermostat on a 1995 Audi A6 quatro (V6)?

Thanks, Andre

Reply to
Andre

Very. It's behind the cambelt!

It's a covers off, alternator/power steering belt off, release the cambelt tensioner cambelt off remove a cover finally replace the thermostat. Factor in for potential water pump & tensioners as well as a new cambelt & alternator belt whilst you've got all this lot off.

Note I've not done one, but mine could do with one but the cambelt & water pump were done 12 months ago, and I'm in no rush to have the cambelt done again...

Reply to
Jon B