Audi A6 (V6, 2.6L) 1995 - replacing fanbelt tensioner bearing

Has anyone managed to change the bearing in the fanbelt tensioner assembly rather than replacing the whole thing? It seems to be a 6203 LF (NTW) bearing.

Nope, but as long as their is access to the bearing it ought to be possible-you mention a generic bearing code- you may need to freeze or heat the assembly to allow the old to drop out / new to drop in. - unless their are circlips..
Tim..
On Fri, 27 Apr 2007 08:55:36 +0100, "Tim.."

Thanks. There seems to be just a Torx bolt holding the bearing but I'm reluctant to open everything up until I'm sure it can be done and I have the replacement bearing.