Audi approved synthentic oils..

Hello,
Where can I find current information on the Audi approved synthetic oils?? My "free" maintenance period is officially over, and I need to do my first
oil change!
Thanks, Troy

I have attached the list.
On Fri, 08 Jul 2005 14:59:14 -0600, Curtis Newton

And as this is a discussion group, most won't ever see your attachment...
On Fri, 08 Jul 2005 18:49:09 -0400, daytripper

Here is the URL for the 1.8T issue and what oils are approved.
http://forums.audiworld.com/a4/msgs/2137644.phtml
That's for the 1.8T... What about approved viscosities for the 3.0 Quattro??
Troy

Seeing how the turbo appears to be a bit harder on oil than the V6, you can definitely use any of the oils listed. The owner's manual for my 2.8L V6 says to use 5W40.
I have had good luck with the Castrol Syntec 0W30 (Made in Germany on the back of the bottle -- available at AutoZone in the US) or Syntec 5W40.
There are plenty of other good oils to choose from, however.

I forgot to mention, I run either Castrol Syntec 0W30 (Made in Germany) or Castrol Syntec 5W40 (Made in Belgium).
The 0W30 has been analyzed by bobistheoilguy.com and it was determined to be an advanced oil.
Hi
I have just obtained an A2 1.4 TDI, and have established that the following spec is the top spec to obtain the maximum miles between oil changes: SAE 0W-30, 506 01. It (Castrol SLX Longlife 2) can be obtained from Halfords in a 4 ltr container for just under 40. Halfords have now got a 10% off all items, so this is the time to purchase. As a matter of interest, have just obtained my first economy check, and it was 55.5 mpg with mixed runs.
Bill