Audi approved synthentic oils..

Hello,

Where can I find current information on the Audi approved synthetic oils?? My "free" maintenance period is officially over, and I need to do my first oil change!

Thanks, Troy

Reply to
Shagster

I have attached the list.

Reply to
Curtis Newton

I forgot to mention, I run either Castrol Syntec 0W30 (Made in Germany) or Castrol Syntec 5W40 (Made in Belgium).

The 0W30 has been analyzed by bobistheoilguy.com and it was determined to be an advanced oil.

Reply to
Curtis Newton

And as this is a discussion group, most won't ever see your attachment...

Reply to
daytripper

Here is the URL for the 1.8T issue and what oils are approved.

Curtis Newton

Hi

I have just obtained an A2 1.4 TDI, and have established that the following spec is the top spec to obtain the maximum miles between oil changes: SAE 0W-30, 506 01. It (Castrol SLX Longlife 2) can be obtained from Halfords in a 4 ltr container for just under £40. Halfords have now got a 10% off all items, so this is the time to purchase. As a matter of interest, have just obtained my first economy check, and it was 55.5 mpg with mixed runs.

Reply to
william asty

That's for the 1.8T... What about approved viscosities for the 3.0 Quattro??

Troy

Reply to
Shagster

Seeing how the turbo appears to be a bit harder on oil than the V6, you can definitely use any of the oils listed. The owner's manual for my 2.8L V6 says to use 5W40.

I have had good luck with the Castrol Syntec 0W30 (Made in Germany on the back of the bottle -- available at AutoZone in the US) or Syntec

5W40.

There are plenty of other good oils to choose from, however.

Reply to
Curtis Newton