Audi beta CC autoreverse radio

I'm having difficulties with my beta CC radio. When I turn the radio on "LOC" text will appear on the display. I have tried to enter the security
code: after pressing FM and DX together for a while "CODE" appears. But after that pressing numbers 1 to 4 has no effect on the code "1000" on the display.
... and the radio is model 97.
best regards, Tuomas