Audi Certified pre-owned question

When a dealer does the 300 point inspection an Audi is it an optional purchase for the buyer? I know it costs them money to do this thorough inspection so I would think they would add it into the listed price of the
car. The reason I ask is because I'm about to purchase a 2001 S4 from a dealer in Chicago and they listed the car as being Audi certified on their site and the car was on Audi's site as being certified also. They listed the car at $28,900, but want to charge me for an extended 2 year warranty. It seems like the dealer is trying to pull a fast one and/or falsely advertised the car as being certified. Just seems weird that if the car was certified, why would they push an extended warranty. Also the car has low miles, so maybe the certified inspection was just done "on paper."
--
Greg
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Yes, it simply means they have deicded the car is in good enough condition to qualify for the extended warrantee.
Scott is correct. They have decided that the car is certification worthy. Supposedly it costs them $1200 to do that, which includes the additional 2 yrs warranty, and they pass that along to the customer. They haven't included the certification in the price most likely so they can advertise it lower.