audi concert, cd function

Has anybody had any difficulty playing cds using the concert radio? Occasionally, when a cd is inserted, the disc spins up and the display automatically goes into cd mode. Nothing unusual there, except no sound
comes through. Volume is turned up, the display behaves completely normal. After a series of ejecting the cd and reinserting it will decide to let me hear the audio. The radio plays properly during this whole rigmarole!
I had this issue when the car was 6 months old. That was about 6 months ago now...is this a common fault?
Regards,
-darwin mccullough

are you using original recorded music CDs and not copied CDRs
is the CD's surface clean
have you tried cleaning the concert with a cleaning disc
dj

are you using original recorded music CDs and not copied CDRs
is the CD's surface clean
have you tried cleaning the concert with a cleaning disc
dj
Darwin McCullough wrote:

Weird, I've had exactly this problem in mine also! All appears normal but no sound. Even an original CD won't play.
A few switch off/on cycles does tend to cure it, but most of the time the problem appears when the engine is not running, although I don't know if it's related.
My car was about a year old when it started exhibiting this problem, but in the last 8 months or so, it hasn't happened again, so I put it down to a badly mastered CD.
HTH Graham