Audi concert cd player noise

Hi, I recently bought an Audi A4 2004 model. This car has an Audi Concert stereo. The problem is that the cd player has a "clicking" noise when it starts and stops the CD player. It has also got problems to find back to the track were it was stopped. The Audi car dealer changed the player to a new one (new from factory they said), but it this player is worse than the old player. Do anyone know if these players has some kind of known weakness? This player is probably made by either Grundig or Blaupunkt, first I thaugt is was Blaupunkt but last time I checked it came up as a Grundig player.

Reply to
Torgeir Jakobsen

I assume your using original CDs and not copies? Does it happen on all CDs? I've had issues with copied CDs in the past in our car's Symphony player.

If you are using original CDs I'd push to get the player changed again. Another option is to upgrade to a Symphony unit but you will need to get a double DIN cradle and modify the climate control panel.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Hi

Our first TT of 2003 had an upgraded head unit from the factory original cassette player to CD player. I do not remember what it was called.

This upgraded head unit turned out to not be fully compatible with the rest of the system (Bose). The head unit would keep "blowing" the aerial amplifier, and the power / volume control knob had a bad connection. The head unit sometimes worked, sometimes didn't, sometimes popped and banged, and CD playback would skip or jump parts of tracks. Original CD's, not copies. Also, the AM reception was awful after the aerial amplifier blew (and blew again).

The head unit was replaced, and worked beautifully, but still kept blowing the aerial amplifier. The dealership said it was due to the incompatibility between the original design spec of the audio system and the upgrades. Even though the car had been ordered new with these options - Bose and CD player, (not by us), and the dealer refused to have any more responsibility for audio system warranty, even though the car was only 18 months old at the time. There was no solution other than to rip out the entire audio system and install original components, apparently. BS alarm was off the scale by now.

I hope you are not experiencing the same difficulties.

Best regards

David Skelton

Reply to
David Skelton

Hi, it happens on all CDs. Actually the first CD player was a little bit better on som CDs, but the new one has problems on all the CDs I have tried so far. I will probably try to change the player again, but I am not very optimistic. My plan is to plug a MP3-box (MP3 player with SD-card input) into the CD-changer control on the backside of the player.

Reply to
Torgeir Jakobsen

The problem is obviously a weakness in the cd-player design. I asked one of my colleages who has bought a new Audi A3 (2007 model), and he has also got problems with the cd-player. So many years and they have not been able to change the manufacturer of this cd-player. It is also a big minus that this player cannot play mp3 disks :( Not everyone want to by a audi navigation system to be able to play mp3 from cd or memory cards. It is better to find another cd-player but I want to find one that match the interior design and the display colour (red).

Reply to
Torgeir Jakobsen