Audi Coupe - windows and sunroof wont shut

we opened the windows and sunroof and our audi coupe and now they wont close. This has happened a few times before but if we turn off the ignition they seemed to reset themselves and work again.
We have checked the fuses, relays and out-points on them and they are all working fine.
Does anyone know anything else that could cause this or how to fix it
Thanks!
Frosty
Frosty, The wiring diagrams in the Bentley Manual for your car are the best thing to have on-hand for tracing electrical problems. It sounds like there's a resettable breaker in the system that was tripping, and is now blown (it's possible that there's a breaker in the sunroof motor vicinity). You might also check the wiring in the vicinity of the driver's door hinge - it's common for wires to break in the harness that travels through the rubber "accordian", and a wire that was partially broken before has finally given up the ghost. Cheers! Steve Sears 1987 Audi 5kTQ 1980 Audi 5k 1962 and '64 Auto Union DKW Junior deLuxes (SPAM Blocker NOTE: Remove SHOES to reply)

Thanks - I will look into these things!

Did you open a door before closing the windows or sunroof? Mine does this, it seems that the power to the windows/sunroof is shut off as soon as you open a door. I need to start the engine before the power is restored. The power is even shut off if the sunroof is halfway through closing.
I think it's a "feature"
John '95 Coupe
Steve Sears response is definitely the answer to both of your situations. BTDT X4. Yes it is a well known 'feature'