Audi Extended Warranty

Here's the deal -- I have a 2002 A4 Avant, 5 speed, 1.8t. My manufacturer warranty has ended and I didn't extend it. The car only has about 34k on it.

Warrantydirect.com is offering bumper to bumper warranty up to 4 years or 80k for $2600 and a $100 per incident deductable.

Do you think that this is a good deal? Are there better options out there that I'm not aware of?

Reply to
tockeyhockey

I guess you bought your Avant brand new because I just got an 06 used A4 with 7000 miles but I get the remainder of the new car warranty and included maintenence up to 50,000 and when thats up I then get the used car warranty to 100,000 and then pay a $50 deductible for each repair. For 90,000 miles of warranty that's basically bumper to bumper it was worth it to buy used. Maybe you can buy the warranty directly from Audi. I know I have seen stuff at my dealer advertising an extended warranty.

Reply to
ibegriot

Look at the fine print of what's covered. $100 deductible is not bad, considering what service costs are.

Reply to
Bill

Yes, but what will this used car warranty cost you up front, and who provides it? Audi? You don't say.

I bought my 98.5 A4 2.6 from my sister in 2001 with 32k miles on it (it now has almost 100k miles), and at 35k the maintenance warranty ran out. I didn't buy an extended warranty, and have never regretted it with this car because the warranties I saw were going to cost an average of $1,000 per year, about what I pay now in repairs, and when I need repairs, I can make my own decisions about which shop to do the work. I choose from the dealer, the local independent, and my longtime garage, depending on the specific repair. I just had new pads and rotors installed on my rear wheels, and the independent wanted $375 for the job that my garage did for $250. So, my feeling is that if your car is not a lemon, the extended warranty isn't worth it.

Reply to
KLS

Reply to
tockeyhockey

My dealer sold me a warranty on my '02 A4 3.0Q for 5/60 (maybe more miles, dunno, but I don't do 12K miles per year anyway) that was identical to the factory warranty other than not covering the regular maintenance items like oil changes for a bit over $1800, with no deductible and fully transferable to the new owner if I sell my car. I wasn't really looking to get it but my sales rep had encouraged me to check it out because it would be a really good deal, and I figure I only have to have one little thing go wrong per year or one big thing in five years to make it worth it.

I was told it would cost a good bit more had I waited until my existing warranty was out.

Reply to
Douglas Siebert