Audi extended warrentys

I have a question about extended warranties. I bought my friends 2002 Audi A4, and it's still under warranty. I have one more free check-up before it's means out of pocket expenses. I have just placed a call to the dealer to talk to the F & I guy about buying an extended warranty. So my questions is for the Audi owners that bought an extended warranty what did you get it for? I know that there is great mark-up in the extended warranties, I want a fair price but not at a price where the dealer is getting maximum profit. If you know of places I can go to search for what the dealers get these warranties for, your own experience, pretty much any help would be appreciated.

Reply to
Van

Well, I feel comfortable knowing that the $2,800 is well worth the cost if I lose just one turbo in the next few years.

Reply to
Rusty NAilz

That's good I know it's worth it, my question is about the price. Was $2800 the price or did you talk them down? Can you talk them down that is another one of my questions. Not if it's worth it. I'm seeking info on what I might see for pricing, what type of warrantees they might offer. Since this is an Rochester roadrunner newsform , we know the dealer is John Holtz. So based on this what am I looking at? What is the mark-up?

Reply to
Van

This is what? Err.. yer posting to alt.autos.audi, a worldwide usenet newsgroup. Maybe Rochester Roadrunner mirrors it but it's surly not local. Unless I get something wrong in your message.

Regards

Wolfgang

Reply to
Wolfgang Pawlinetz