Audi Front hub A6 1996

Does anyone have information regarding the removal / repair of the front hub on a 1996 A6?

try audiworld.com forums for the C4 A6
Donk wrote:

My own reply. I took it to a garage to have the bearing replaced. The mech' said he had several problems getting nuts off etc. The car was up high on the lift so he had good access. The garage also had the pullers and press for doing the bearing. When I saw the car up on the lift and after hearing what the mech' said I was glad that I did not attempt it myself on the ground using the jack and blocks, it took a while to get the steering link nut off the knuckle as it kept turning the whole unit. The cost is going to be about 190. If the hub had been damaged then another 80 could be needed. The hub bearing kit that the garage got included replacement nuts and bolts. I took the car there for 0900, at 11.30 the mech said there was about 1/2 hrs work left plus a road test. I said I could call back in a couple of hours and collected the car at 14.00. They gave me a price for doing the bearing before I took it in, which was about 180 + vat. However there was some confusion as to the price as the condition of the hub was not known. They got a hub as well which they could rtn if not used.