Audi model history and designations

Hi again,
After I started to look at this news group and some internet resources, I got the impression that Audi used quite a number of different names for their models in different countries.
I have two "Audi 500", which is the South African name for what is called Audi 100 in Germany. The one came out in 1988, just before the "round dash-board" face lift, the other one just after (1989).
When I look at American resources, it seems they used still other names their (5k, 100, 200), but I am not sure which one really applies to me. Are their any resources with the model history and the appropriate model names used in Europe and the USA?