Audi quattro acceleration problem

I have a 1993 audi 80 quattro 2.8e. It seems to have an intermittent problem: Sometimes when I press the accelerator the car seems to 'hesitate'. I press the pedal and there is no corresponding increase in
either engine or road speed. However, if I back off the accelerator for a second and then press it again the car then pulls smoothly with the all the power back. Very annoying! Can anyone help? Cheers
FairKop wrote:

- dirty fuel filter - dirty air cleaner - bad MAF - dirty injectors (use Techron injector cleaner) - bad temperature sensor
Pull your codes to get a hint.