Audi quattro acceleration problem

I have a 1993 audi 80 quattro 2.8e. It seems to have an intermittent problem: Sometimes when I press the accelerator the car seems to 'hesitate'. I press the pedal and there is no corresponding increase in either engine or road speed. However, if I back off the accelerator for a second and then press it again the car then pulls smoothly with the all the power back. Very annoying! Can anyone help? Cheers

Reply to
FairKop

- dirty fuel filter

- dirty air cleaner

- bad MAF

- dirty injectors (use Techron injector cleaner)

- bad temperature sensor

Pull your codes to get a hint.

Reply to
TonyJ