Audi Radio: Delta CC in 96 Audi Cab doesn't turn on......

Wondering if any of you could help.....My Audi was recently rear-ended. It had body work, and then replacement of an oil pressure sending unit and CV joint in the front.

The radio was working before repairs, and now it doesn't. It illuminates with the dash, but no power - nothing - when i turn the knob. I've checked the radio fuse and its good (plus when that fuse is out the dome and clock go too, and their still good). I've also pulled the radio and checked all the connections in the back.

Radio is Delta CC: Audi part # 8A0 035 192 (a great reference on audi radios:

  1. Is there anything that the shop might have disconnected (on purpose or by accident) in doing the body / engine work that would cause this?

  1. Are these radio fairly sensitive? Upon return the fuse was still in, could the radio have been fried as a result of all the work?

I've seen a couple on Ebay - but want to be sure the radio is bad before replacing. If so - I would be interested if anybody has a used one to sell.

Thank you....

Reply to
dczoomzoom

Why take the chance of buying one off Ebay?

Have you considered taking the car to a Car Audio shop that repairs OEM radios?

Our shop does and depending what's wrong the cost could range from $10 to $150. What I'm saying is that at least you would be spending your money correctly. You could buy a used radio from Ebay (which might not work itself) and find out that it doesn't even fix the problem.

You clearly don't know what the cause of the failure is. Consider having someone that knows, fix it.

Reply to
Masterson

dc, You said that you checked the "radio fuse" and the dome and clock lights go out - that sounds like the fuse in the car's fusebox. There should be a fuse on the back of the radio itself that breaks power to the radio only. Cheers! Steve Sears

1987 Audi 5kTQ 1980 Audi 5k
Reply to
Steve Sears

Thanks Steve! That was exactly what I needed to know. I was hoping it was something simple like that. The fuse on the back of the Delta is well tucked away, and I never had the radio guide to know about it. One trip to Radio Shack and a 5 AMP blade fuse and I'm back in business. Many thanks....

Reply to
dczoomzoom

Sounds like my idea of a $10 fix at a car audio shop would have worked......

Glad it worked out.

Reply to
Masterson